We are looking for a new Cost Accountant to join our team!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- To provide financial reporting, costing and financial services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate financial information and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing actual production costs and recommending changes
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- College diploma in a related field preferred
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data entry skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information management
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Stress tolerance
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Loos and Company is proud to be a 100% vaccinated employer. We mandate full vaccination against COVID 19 to protect our workforce, their families and our communities. Many companies talk about putting employee safety first and foremost, but we have followed through on that commitment. Our message is simple: You want to work for a company that cares about your health and safety, and we do too. Loos & Company is that company.
- Loos & Co. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
- Loos & co. is a Drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug tests and background checks are required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: Naples, FL