The Machine Operator performs tasks and operates machines in the secondary production department and ensures the quality of the job being performed.
New hire 90-day probationary period. Able to operate machines such as belt sand, buff, ream, stamp and deep hold deburring.
Full Job Description
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Set up and operate CNC Turning and Machining Centers from print or specifications.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Review programs provided for correctness.
2. Change/set tools, collets, tool holders, as required by program.
3. Determine/set all tooling offsets.
4. Setup bar feeder with proper collets, guide channels, and bushings.
5. Produce acceptable parts within production rates.
6. Adjusts speeds and feeds, if necessary.
7. Does scheduled maintenance.
8. Assists others with any issues on CNCs.
9. Trains other operators on set-up, operation, and minor repairs.
10. Adheres to ISO/AS standards.
11. Review production process for improvements.
12. Measures 1st piece and fills out 1st piece inspection form.
13. Troubleshoots and repairs machines, when possible.
14. Keeps logs of down-time, maintenance performed, and repairs.
3. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates machines when necessary.
2. Sorts any nonconforming parts.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read blueprints.
2. Strong mechanical aptitude.
3. Leadership skills.
4. Basic understanding of G Code programs.
5. Basic understanding of geometry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
We pay an additional $2.50 shift differential pay for second shift. This is a second-shift position. Monday – Friday; 2pm – 10:30pm.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machine Operators: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location