Full Job Description
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Oversee all aspects of the primary department including Acme-Gridley, and CNC equipment.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Organize and coordinate all aspects of primary department to optimize performance and production.
2. Set-up or supervise set-up of all machines in the primary department.
3. Evaluate employee training needs and train employees in primary department in proper set-up, operation, and safety procedures for respective machinery.
4. Monitor production rates and tool usage throughout production cycle and work with lead people to address any issues.
5. Monitor inspection of produced products and inspection records.
6. Ensure department complies with all current ISO/ASI standards and all employees in department are properly trained.
7. Aid in assessing and troubleshooting any repairs needed to CNCs and Acmes and repair or supervise repair.
8. Ensure entire department is doing scheduled maintenance and logging.
9. Ensure all down-time in department is logged.
10. Review production processes for improvements or possibilities for improvement and implement if viable.
11. Address all DMRs pertaining to the department and work with the lead people to implement preventative measures.
12. Implement risk assessments and implement preventative measures accordingly.
13. Oversee implementation of all new machinery and processes.
14. Maintain and evaluate tooling inventories and usage.
15. Address any employee performance issues or machine performance issues in a proper manner.
3. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist engineering department in evaluating feasibility of new product lines and production processes.
2. Assist upper management in calculating costs and cutting costs for products, where possible.
3. Perform other tasks as assigned.
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
5. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. (Previous work experience can substitute for formal education.)
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in set-up, operation, repair and maintenance of automatic machinery in primary department.
3. Some former supervisory experience preferred.
Interested? Apply Now!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
It is company policy that you must be COVID vaccinated as a condition of employment.