General Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for performing accounting functions for Canadian and U.S. Operations. Primary responsibilities will include accounting and financial reporting, analysis of results, budgeting, treasury functions, audit support, and government reporting. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and provide analysis of results.
- Develop the annual budget and ongoing forecasts with supporting analysis and assumptions.
- Manage banking transactions and cash management. Primary contact with bank personnel to ensure that all account and fees are being managed appropriately.
- Performs variance analyses and prepares account reconciliations.
- Provide reports and analysis to management and ensure timely and accurate filings with government authorities.
- Provide schedules and analysis for the preparation of tax returns along with other sales, use, and franchise and property tax filings. Prepare statistics reports as required by government agencies.
- Coordinate the work of external and tax auditors to include the preparation of the annual audit binders, and provide analysis and timely responses to audit requests so as to keep work on budget.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
- Maintain/develop and improve internal controls
- Provides backup support to the Controller as required (month-end, budgets & forecast, etc.) and performs special projects as directed.
- Other duties, as required.
- CA, CGA, CMA or CPA professional accounting designation required.
- 10 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient in Excel at an advanced level.
- Knowledge/experience of working within an ERP.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking.
- Travel between Company locations
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
It is company policy that you must be COVID vaccinated as a condition of employment.